Enrich your life. We want students to achieve their potential and flourish both academically and personally. So we encourage them to get involved and complement their academic studies by taking advantage of the many extra-curricular opportunities that are available at the Academy.
The aim of the enrichment programme at New Charter Academy is simple, to provide students, with the opportunity to try new experiences or develop a talent.
We work closely with our enrichment providers to deliver the widest offer to students. These include; art club, Duke of Edinburgh scheme, gardening, Territorial Army Cadets, street dance, sports, and crafts.
Some activities will support students career aspirations or university applications; others are just for fun. One thing is for sure, students are spoilt for choice!
Reasons to take part in enrichment and extra-curricular activities:
– To have fun – To learn new skills
– To build confidence – To discover and develop talents
– To try new and different things – To make new friends
– To receive extra help in your studies
– To help improve attainment
– To develop a wide range of skills that employers and universities will be impressed with
We are always open to suggestions for new activities. If you have any suggestions, please speak to our Enrichment Co-ordinator.